Assistant Controller is responsible for daily AP and AR updates/controls, regular cash reconciliations and ensuring the monthly close and financial statement preparation is timely, complete and accurate. Assistant Controller may also responsible for preparation of quarterly reports to FINRA
· Manage the monthly close process smoothly, timely, completely and accurately
· Assist with monthly invoice preparation and distribution
· Accurately prepare all financial statements and schedules
· Maintain all reports for internal reference and outside auditors’ use
· Responsible for maintaining and reconciling selected balance sheet accounts
· Accurate, on-time journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
· Accurate monthly department outlooks/forecasts
· Support and assistance with finance-related IT projects
· Provide accounting support for adhoc requests and new business activities
· Perform other duties as required and assigned by manager and upper management.
· Follow legal policies as directed.
· Intermediate-Advanced knowledge of GAAP accounting rules
· FINRA reporting requirements a plus
· Basic knowledge of Oracle accounting software, especially AP, AR and Fixed assets modules, general ledger and financial statement generation
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
· Big 4 public accounting experience a plus
· 5+ years accounting experience, ideally with monthly close responsibilities
· Oracle eBusiness Suite
· Microsoft Excel
· BA/BS in Accounting
· CPA Preferred
· Series 7 or 99 a plus
This position is located in New York, New York 10006 so either be there or be willing to relocate or commute.
ABOUT tZERO (t0): tZERO (t0) is a majority-owned subsidiary of Overstock.com, focusing on the development and commercialization of financial technology (FinTech) based on cryptographically-secured, decentralized ledgers – more commonly known as blockchain technologies. Since its inception, tZERO (t0) has pioneered the effort to bring greater efficiency and transparency to capital markets through the integration of blockchain technology.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $105,000.00 /year
- accounting: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)