ConsenSys is a venture production studio and the leading technology firm in blockchain globally. We deliver products, solutions and platforms built using blockchain technology.
Our teams are busy at work building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, the music industry, security, and infrastructure, and more. To accomplish this we’ve built out a flat organizational structure which we call the ConsenSys Mesh: a network of individuals & teams working autonomously and towards the same goal. Our mission is to use these decentralized solutions to fundamentally reshape the economic, social, and political operating systems of the planet.
About Ujo at ConsenSys:
Ujo Music is a ConsenSys Spoke, with a vision for a music industry that allows creators to grow and thrive independently. It is a platform that uses the ethereum blockchain as the substrate for innovation by empowering artists, digitizing their music rights and metadata, sharing this information in an open environment, and thus enabling new applications, products, and services to license their catalogs and pay artists directly with minimal friction. We are aiming to enrich the lives of artists and fans through a shared love of music, and excitement for the potential of decentralized technology.
We introduced the music industry to smart contracts & blockchain technology and aim to continue bringing this technology to many artists: from more Grammy winners to more bedroom producers.
Within the Ujo Team:
- We value learning & personal growth.
- We value balance in life. We aim to work hard in improving the industry, but we can only do that if we also take care of ourselves: mentally & physically. Take off time when you need it.
- We strive to be accountable towards ourselves & our teammates: we go further when we go together.
- We value diversity in perspectives. Music reaches everyone & as a team we want to work with individuals from all walks of life.
- We value open, accessible, and constructive communication amongst everyone.
- We value the open source community & contributing towards a shared future.
About the Backend Engineer role:
- Architect and build software that enables new opportunities for creativity and profitability for artists
- Incorporate the requirements of both the frontend and infrastructure domains into software design
- Develop a variety of APIs that power the UI/UX of Ujo applications
- Contribute throughout all phases of platform service lifecycles from conception through design, development, deployment and ultimately operation
- Write well-factored and documented code to fulfil the requirements of product and platform goals
- Expertise with at least one of the following languages: Go, Python, C/C++, Java
- Experience with API design and implementation
- Comfortable traversing Linux servers
- Experience with RDBMS such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Ability to analyze and optimize performance in high-traffic applications
- At least four years’ backend engineering experience, a large portion of which in a team environment
- Strong communication and documentation skills as well as proven ability to work within a team
- Familiarity with environments and tools such as AWS, Redis, Docker
- Self-sufficient and self-starter
- Eager to take on new responsibilities as needed
- Ability to communicate technical specifications, both verbal and written
We are working in a new, exciting frontier. If you don’t feel that you precisely match the responsibilities of the role outlined above, but still feel that you can contribute to building this future with us, don’t hesitate to apply regardless.
We’d love to talk.
- Excitement & passion for music, media, and art applications.
- Experience working within true agile environments.
- Blockchain / Ethereum experience a strong plus
- DevOps experience
- Experience with large scale, high volume systems
- Experience in small start-up environments
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys:
The forefront of a revolution. At ConsenSys we fundamentally believe that a next generation of technologies presents the opportunity to create a more just and equitable society.
A dynamic startup environment. ConsenSys is a thought leader in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the mindshare. This is both exciting and challenging, as we learn to scale our organization while adhering to the principles of decentralization.
Continuous learning. You’ll be constantly exposed to new languages, frameworks and ideas from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
Deep technical challenges. This entire ecosystem is about 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much work to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. ConsenSys is building the technology platforms that can get us to those next thresholds of scale.