Would you like to partner with leading entrepreneurs who are building the next generation of blockchain companies?
IBM and Columbia University are joining together to develop an enterprise blockchain accelerator. We are looking to hire an accelerator manager who has experience with blockchain technology, an interest in working with startups, and experience navigating IBM. As the accelerator program manager, you will have a significant impact on the next generation of technology ventures. You will be helping founders to skill up on blockchain, expand their thinking, and create new opportunities via partnership with IBM. You’ll also have significant input into the structure and operations of the accelerator. From a business development perspective, you will play in integral role in helping establish and scale blockchain networks that will transform industries.
The accelerator manager will have a variety of responsibilities including, but not limited, to:
- Helping formulate and lead the accelerator educational program.
- Participating in activities (attendance at events, corporate engagement, etc) aimed at increasing awareness about the accelerator and working with the Columbia and IBM marketing teams to ensure that the accelerator is well publicized.
- Serving as the primary point of contact to IBM including ensuring that the accelerator has access to the required IBM technology, identifying IBM mentors and subject matter experts, helping accelerator companies access IBM clients, etc.
- Serving as project manager during the accelerator to ensure that accelerator companies achieve all required project milestones.
- Act as the primary relationship manager for companies that graduate from the accelerator in order to help them establish and scale networks.
- Support additional business and/or corporate development activities related to the blockchain ecosystem as required.
- Contribute to strategy formulation pertaining to new blockchain network development and growth.
The incoming manager will be responsible for managing accelerator classes of approximately 10 startups who may not be blockchain focused. Project management is an essential skill as it will be necessary to engage with companies of differing needs and levels of expertise. The manager will also be responsible for a range of other strategy, business development, and corporate development activities in support of the broader blockchain ecosystem team.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong communication, project management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to thrive in a work environment that is highly fluid and often ambiguous.
- Passion for business development activities, with a proven capacity to identify, progress, and close services opportunities.
- Strong technical background including understanding of architecture, emerging technologies, etc.
- Self-starter with a demonstrated track record of high performance.
- Prior success in complex and fast-paced environments, managing complex projects, and consistently working independently to surpass expectations.
- Familiarity with and interest in working the startup ecosystem.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Advanced degree in a relevant field.
- Prior strategy consulting experience a big plus.
- Familiarity with blockchain technology and implementation methods.
- Prior experience in designing or leading workshops on business topics.
- T shaped skills profile with both a breadth and depth of general managements skills.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.