Who We Are
BLOCKCHAINS, LLC is at the forefront of one of the most revolutionary innovations since the advent of the internet, blockchain distributed ledger technology. A premier innovator in the blockchain space, BLOCKCHAINS conceptualizes and incubates blockchain-powered ideas, ventures, and businesses.
BLOCKCHAINS will be joining the likes of Tesla, Google, and Switch in calling the Tahoe Reno Industrial (TRI) Center, the largest industrial park in the world, home. When completed, our corporate campus will consists of over 300,000 square feet at the TRI Center and we expect to employ over 1,000 individuals by 2021.
We are looking for a passionate and driven Chief Operating Officer (COO) to join our cutting edge start up in Sparks, Nevada. The COO will partner with the CEO to ensure operational excellence. This individual will provide the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure the effective growth and success of the organization; strong employee engagement; and financial strength and operating efficiency. We are looking for someone who has worked in a startup and thrives off the opportunities that it brings. Someone who is not afraid to jump in, roll up their sleeves, and work side by side with the team to ensure operational success.
This position will manage all hands-on operational aspects of the company. Assists the President in the successful growth of the Company. Provide the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure the Company has the proper operational controls, administrative, and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Providing day-to-day leadership and management reflecting the core values of the Company
- Driving the Company to achieve sales, profitability, cash flow, and business goals and objectives
- Ensuring measurement and effectiveness of all internal and external processes; providing timely, accurate, and complete reports on the operating condition of the Company
- Spearheading the development, communication, and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes
- Collaborating with Management to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of the organization
- Motivating and leading a high performance management team; attracting, recruiting, and retaining required members of the executive team not currently in place; providing mentoring as a cornerstone to the management career development program
- Assisting as required in raising additional capital at appropriate valuations to enable the Company to meet sales, growth, and market share objectives
- Fostering a success-oriented, accountable environment within the Company
- Representing the firm with clients, investors, and business partners
- Performing other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Master’s degree in Business Operations of related field, or at least 5 years related experience, and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experienced leader and business operations executive with financial industry experience
- Energetic, forward-thinking, and creative individual with high ethical standards
- Strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus
- Well-organized and self-directed with “politically savvy” and a team-player approach
- Intelligent and articulate in relating to people at all levels of an organization with excellent communication skills
- Trustworthy with willingness to share information and to serve as a mentor
- Excellent negotiation skills with experienced in contracts
- Decisive with a “big picture” perspective as well as versed in systems
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints
- Ability to make persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics
Job Type: Full-time
- software or banking/financial industry: 5 years
- Sparks, NV