Udacity’s mission is to democratize education. We’re an online learning platform offering groundbreaking training in fields such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, virtual reality, and more. Focused on self-empowerment through education, Udacity is making innovative technologies such as self-driving cars available to a global community of aspiring technologists, while also enabling learners at all levels to skill up with essentials like programming, web and app development. Udacity is looking for people to join our Learning Products team. If you love a challenge, and genuinely want to make a difference in the world, read on!
Are you passionate about teaching and learning? Do you love the disruptive world of Blockchain technologies? Does the idea of positively impacting the lives of thousands of students thrill and delight you? If you answered “YES!” to all the above, we want to hear from you!
Udacity is hiring a Content Developer to join our Blockchain team. In this position, you will be given a subject of interest within the space of Blockchain technologies, smart contracts, or distributed ledgers and help develop a course experience built on projects in which you’ll be the expert our students aspire to become.
What we’re looking for
- An ideal team player: You are humble, hungry and people-smart, and you thrive on a diverse team;
- A doer: You are detail-oriented, obsessed with excellence, and personally offended by mediocrity. You can’t wait to roll-up your sleeves and get things done;
- An open communicator: You demonstrate empathy for our students and your colleagues, and are comfortable holding yourself and your teammates accountable for meeting shared goals;
- A lifelong learner: You are always learning something new, and have a passion for improving the quality of and access to education for fellow students worldwide.
- Ability to collaborate well with industry experts to develop and build outstanding learning experiences for our students, from true beginners to advanced learners.
- Improve and maintain content to ensure that Udacity is providing the best educational experience on the planet.
- Build sample apps, draft project instructions and create rubrics for assessing student work fairly and completely.
- Foster a strong student support community in the Nanodegree Slack community and forums.
- Break down complex technical subjects into more easily understood, self-contained, visually rich learning experiences.
- Experience with either Node.js, Python, C++, Java or Solidity.
- Experience with Blockchain development, digital asset creation, management, and transfer, smart contracts, or distributed ledgers.
- Background teaching programming to others, either formally or informally;
- Experience taking online courses and programs (Bonus points if you’ve taken any Udacity courses or are a Nanodegree graduate!).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.