ConsenSys is a venture production studio focused on building and scaling tools and enterprise software products on the Ethereum platform. Our mission is to use these solutions to power the emerging economic, social, and political operating systems of the planet.
Our teams are busy at work building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, security and infrastructure, and more. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us.
ConsenSys is seeking a content marketer to oversee content published on the ConsenSys Media platform. That means making sure our stories are accurate, clear, well-written, copy-edited, shareable, and engaging for our various audience groups. The content strategist will play a role defining the strategies to make ConsenSys Media an authoritative source of information and thought leadership for all things blockchain and Ethereum.
Along with other team members, the content strategist will be responsible for helping to develop and put into practice strategies geared toward maximizing the number of pageviews and unique visitors to the ConsenSys Media website, as well as optimizing Google Search rankings. We will know that ConsenSys Media is successful if influencers and leaders in finance and technology use our content as a platform to engage in conversations with each other, and turn to our storytelling and leadership in order to understand what’s going on in our space.
An ideal candidate has experience developing copy and copy editing content, with a mind toward making stories clickable, readable, and shareable, understanding this can mean different techniques on different platforms. He or she should have a sense of how distribution platforms for content — such as an email newsletter, various social media platforms, and Google Search — shape the development of content from the very beginning step: choosing what to write.
Experience with startups, working at a media company, and creating content on technological subjects are a plus. Same with SEO, Google Analytics, and content management systems like Medium for Publishers or WordPress. Knowledge about blockchain or Ethereum is not required, but candidates should be interested in the technologies poised to transform the way we live, and be open to learning deeply about blockchain topics.
- Develop a content calendar that helps each publisher at ConsenSys know what is expected and when content is due
- Supervise content production cycle on ConsenSys Media platform
- Make sure content published on ConsenSys Media is timely and accurate
- Facilitate ideation brainstorming sessions with various members of ConsenSys
- Conduct keyword research using Google Keyword Planner to identify topics and keywords that we should rank for and have search volume
- Conduct a content audit to look for glaring gaps in content we have published to inform our overall content strategy
- Build out the content funnel in Google Analytics to track how our content leads to meaningful outcomes for ConsenSys and the spokes
- Copy edit blog posts and provide feedback to individuals and spokes on writing
- Participate in forming content strategy for ConsenSys, Ethereum, and spokes
- Monitor media and trending topics in the blockchain and cryptocurrency space
- Identify weekly list of topics for coverage on ConsenSys Media
- Interface with media entities for partnership and syndication opportunities
- Review our production capabilities for creating content and lead initiatives to improve our capabilities over time. This should include creating new types of content (video, infographics, interactive guides, etc…)
- Excellent command of English, including copy editing for fluency and grammar
- Familiarity with the AP style guide, standard practices for headlines, etc.
- Writes in a way that is engaging and shareable for different audiences
- Familiarity with Google Search and how rankings work
- Familiarity with various social media platforms and why content succeeds there
- Positive and excited about how blockchain is going to change the world