Paxos is a financial technology company delivering pioneering blockchain solutions for global financial institutions. Its flagship service is BankchainTM, a next-generation blockchain settlement platform that is transforming post-trade across capital markets. Paxos’ management team is led by CEO and Co-Founder Charles Cascarilla and its board of directors includes former FDIC chair Sheila Bair, former Senator Bill Bradley, former chair of the Financial Accounting Standards Board Robert Herz, former chairman, president & CEO of Lotus Development Corporation Jim Manzi and former NYSE CEO Duncan Niederauer.
BUSINESS UNIT/ROLE OVERVIEW
We are looking for an experienced Controller to help shape a best in class finance department for a leading company in an emerging industry. This role reports directly to the Global Head of Finance and Accounting. Qualified candidates should have a CPA or MBA and a minimum of 10 years of experience in a relevant role. Prior experience in a Markets related settlement and/or clearing role ideal.
- Help ensure/propose optimal entity structure for company
- Assume a leadership role to ensure accounting and financial information is consistent with GAAP and any applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws
- Oversee all functions of the department including A/R, A/P, bank and customer account reconciliations, customer margin balances and maintenance
- Prepare and present reports and analyses of income, expenses, assets, liabilities and cash flows on a monthly/ quarterly/ annual/ periodic basis for the firm and the parent company
- Serve as the key point of contact for the firm’s external auditors
- Responsible for overseeing the production and filing of federal, state and local tax reporting, both domestic and international, for the firm and its parent company
- Oversight of legal entity booking structure and understanding local accounting practices
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree (in Accounting or Finance) is required
- CPA or MBA is strongly preferred
- Prior experience in a Markets settlement and/or clearing related role preferred
- Understanding of tax structure preferred
- 10+ years of accounting experience, including experience in senior roles – Controller/finance/accounting
- Strong knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and applicable federal, state, and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting, general ledger, A/R, A/P, payroll, audit metrics, cash management
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a changing, rapidly growing, complex environment
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.