Manhattan, New York City
Financial Technology (FinTech)
We’re looking for a Distribution Intern eager for front office experience while helping us redefine private markets. Join us this summer if you want to see first hand what it’s like working with private equity investors and the team of superstars building and strengthening its relationships with them.
In addition to the form below, please reply to these questions as well.
EquityZen is an investments company, focused on bringing private markets to the public. Having facilitated 3,000+ private placements in ~100 mature, pre-IPO companies (with company approved share transfers), our platform services 20,000+ accredited investors spanning hedge funds, financial advisors, and HNWIs from ~50 countries. Backers of EquityZen include VCs like Tim Draper and Wall Street institutions like WorldQuant. Focusing on automating an antiquated offline process has allowed us to lead the charge in building more efficient, cost-effective, and transparent private markets. Watch a short video to learn more.
Members of our team have deep experience in both software engineering and financial technology, with prior experience at institutions such as AQR Capital Management, EY, J.P. Morgan, and Symantec. Check out our team . Our people are our biggest asset, and we are always looking for new talented folks to join us, especially if a summer internship isn’t a pit-stop for you, but a path towards a full-time role after graduation.
WHAT YOU’LL GAIN
- Work closely with EquityZen’s Distribution, Research, and Marketplace teams
- Learn a ton about the late-stage venture capital industry (think 23andMe, Lyft, Palantir)
- Learn a ton about the broker/dealer and asset management industry
- An open invitation to pick the brains of a few EquityZen folks that have built careers in a plethora of industries and crafts
- Produce client-facing research and marketing products. On your first day.
- Interact with EquityZen clients. They’re a mix of angel investors, family offices, wealth managers, venture funds, entrepreneurs, and tech evangelists
- Get your hands dirty. Wear many hats. Disrupt finance. It all sounds cliche, but its true. We promise you won’t be bored and we promise you’ll grow professionally. And academically. And maybe even physically (the pizza here is pretty darn good).
- A finance internship in a startup environment. Trade your (pant)suit for jeans and a t-shirt.
THE RIGHT STUFF
- Quick on your feet. We rank aptitude as a trait, above all else.
- Passion for entrepreneurship, technology and finance. Maybe you joined the investment club at your school. Maybe you even tried starting your own business. What we love to see is that you’re a risk-taker.
- Strong interest in new capital markets (crowdfunding, alternative marketplaces, and…yes, blockchain, etc.)
- Marketing + communication skills. You can learn a new topic quickly and frame the story eloquently.
- Desire to work in a true start-up environment
- Must be able to work full-time in the summer with the possibility of extending internship remotely
*BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE
- Started a business before (no matter how small)
- Graphic Design and Photoshop skills
- Experience in Sales or Investor Relations at a firm that fits one of our client segments
- Performed stand-up comedy. Or played a team sport. We value humility.
Sector: Financial Technology (FinTech)
EquityZen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EquityZen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
EquityZen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of EquityZen’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.