Do you want to help build tools that can change how the world works? We do, and we’d like you to join us. At Temboo , we build software tools that people are using to fundamentally change the world around us. From life sciences and farming, to energy, aviation and smart cities amongst others, Temboo is empowering people to build an amazingly diverse range of physical computing systems at the intersection of hardware, software and human aspiration, and we want you to help us as we grow and scale Temboo. Our customers use Temboo to make everything from small, incremental improvements to transformative shifts in how we live our lives – reducing waste, increasing efficiency and enhancing quality of life. If you want to be involved in the next major wave in technology, while feeling great about how you’re spending your time, Temboo is the place for you.
We’re looking for an imaginative and skillful engineering manager to join our team. You’ll play a key role, both technically and culturally, in shaping how we build products. This role is unique in that you’ll get to contribute to core product features while working across teams, doing whatever is necessary to ship great software and establish an environment for your fellow engineers that fosters continuous learning and growth.
Your specific technical skill-set is less important to us than your all-around intelligence, problem-solving ability, and eagerness for new challenges (in fact, due to the nature of our product, we work with many languages from Android to Arduino , Python to Swift ). We’re exploring how emerging technologies, from blockchain to machine learning, can enhance how we build our product. Our teams are fluid, forming per project, so you’ll get the opportunity to work on many aspects of our product and company.
Our team is wickedly smart, passionate about what we do, and committed to making programming faster, easier, and more fun. We are dedicated to defining elegant solutions to big challenges. Help us re-imagine programming for hardware and software developers.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Contributing to the management of the Temboo engineering team, mentoring and inspiring our engineers to do their best work
- Representing the engineering team during planning and product design
- Helping define and implement effective engineering processes
- Using your technical chops to contribute directly across the board, from new feature development to troubleshooting in production
- Dedicating time to researching new technologies, from blockchain to machine learning, to help push the Temboo platform forward
What We’re Looking For In You
- Prior experience in a engineering management or lead role on a complex software product that users love
- Proven ability to mentor and inspire engineers: you lead by example, by setting the right context, and by helping teammates do their best work
- You’re a strong programmer with solid knowledge of computer science fundamentals
- A willingness to learn and use new technologies, strategies and tools
- Strong written and verbal skills, with an ability to explain complex concepts to a range of audiences
- Bonus points for: experience with any Temboo-supported language, building SDKs, integrating third-party REST APIs, programmable hardware (i.e Arduino ) and a quick sense of humor; we also need a bass player, so let us know if you can jam!