ConsenSys is a venture production studio and the leading technology firm in blockchain globally. We deliver products, solutions and platforms built using blockchain technology to transform how business is done in complex network of buyers, suppliers and consumers.
Our teams are busy at work building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, the music industry, security, and infrastructure, and more. To accomplish this we’ve built out a flat organizational structure which we call the ConsenSys Mesh: a network of individuals & teams working autonomously and towards the same goal. Our mission is to use these decentralized solutions to fundamentally reshape the economic, social, and political operating systems of the planet. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us.
About Meridio at ConsenSys:
A ConsenSys formation, Meridio ( http://meridio.co/ ) is a blockchain platform to create, manage, and trade fractional ownership shares in real estate assets.
Our team is passionate about creating efficiency and enabling liquidity in a historical inaccessible asset class using cutting edge technology.
As a Blockchain Strategist Extern, you will drive the company’s investments in new projects. Expect to:
- Will function as a mini-COO. The role requires working directly with the co-Founder and early team to develop and execute on strategic initiatives, ensure overall team organization, effectiveness and success in achieving goals. This is an opportunity to build a blockchain product from the ground-up.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in as all aspects of Meridio: operations, strategic initiatives, growth, business development, strategic partnerships, marketing and more
- Support the day-to-day operations to ensure the global team runs smoothly
- Execute the strategic vision for the regions and help develop the implementation plan for initiatives.
- Develop policies, objectives, and operational procedures.
- Ensure that all organizational policies, procedures and practices are in compliance with professional and regulatory standards and further organizational success.
- Play a key role at meetings/conferences, presenting information such as company goals, roadmaps, and employee recognition to all levels of employees.
- Collaborate with the marketing department to review and implement marketing, advertising, and strategies.
- Capture meeting decisions and action items; when requested, distribute minutes to stakeholders in a timely manner
- Support clear communication and documentation of resources, policies and best practices
- Undertake special projects in conjunction with the team
- Develop real estate and capital markets-specific insights, strategies, and assess high-priority opportunities
- Lead research and analysis for blockchain and real estate trends
- Work with Meridio and ConsenSys stakeholders to ideate and design new venture opportunities
- Establish yourself as an industry thought leader
- Attend specific blockchain real estate conferences and engage with the community at large
- Support multi-strategy businesses that purchase, trade in, make markets and advise on and/or securitize large positions in commercial and residential mortgages, mortgage related securities, consumer and Fintech loans, CLO, ABS and other loan products.
- Draft, review, and advise on a wide variety of structured finance and asset backed securities transactions, including warehouse lending transactions, mortgage loan originations, repurchase transactions, securitizations, repacks and other mortgage-related derivatives and loan products
- Work with team to structure transactions that achieve internal and/or client objectives (including, but not limited to, tax and/or accounting efficiency)
- 2-4+ years of strategy consulting, investment banking, strategic ventures, or strategy work at a leading tech company
- Demonstrated passion for blockchain technology
- Sharp analytical and communication skills
- No ego. Scrappy. Thrives in highly ambiguous, lightning-fast-paced environments
- Able to succeed with little oversight
- Technical background a major plus
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys:
- The forefront of a revolution.
At ConsenSys we fundamentally believe that a next generation of technologies presents the opportunity to create a more just and equitable society.
- A dynamic startup environment.
ConsenSys is a thought leader in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the mindshare. This is both exciting and challenging, as we learn to scale our organization while adhering to the principles of decentralization.
- Continuous learning.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new languages, frameworks and ideas from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
- Deep technical challenges.
This entire ecosystem is about 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much work to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. ConsenSy