Are you fascinated with blockchain technology and driven to learn more while helping others to learn as well? Then we want to speak with you about joining our small but growing team of creative and passionate individuals working together to educate the world about this transformative technology.
We are seeking a current undergraduate or graduate student to step into our high-functioning team as a Financial Economics Intern and transform our steady growth into massive success.
Blockmatics is an education and consulting company that produces interactive, in-depth training programs on blockchain technology, its use cases and implementations since 2014. Blockmatics grew out of market demand and is focused on furthering the ideas and implementations of decentralized systems.
– Contribute to the ideation process that generates new insights and ideas for building new content for our courses, events, podcast, blog, etc.
– Conduct hands-on research, such as creating and running surveys, in-depth user interviews, and expert interviews, to aid the strategic opportunity and content creation process.
– Conduct desk-based research, such as researching the latest crypto-economic trends across a variety of jurisdictions & protocols, identifying & defining trends, and pulling data from research reports, to aid in validating opportunities, concept ideas and content.
– Take ownership of projects and manage multiple priorities against deadlines
– Work with marketing and design teams to assist in development of digital assets including landing pages, blogs, newsletters, digital ads, infographics, etc as well as live events.
– Work with other team members to develop the Blockmatics brand
– Manage contract designers, illustrators and writers on a project-by-project basis
– Is currently enrolled as an undergrad or graduate student at an accredited college or university
– At least 1 year of experience working as an analyst, clerk, research assistant or similar financial economic relative research intensive position
– A track record of successfully managing complex projects, timelines and campaigns
– Exceptional communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
– $15 an hour for 20 hours a week of hard but rewarding work that will allow you to hone and improve your desired craft. Includes regular feedback from the senior team members and access to our surrounding network of experts to help you improve.
– An open area seat at the downtown Manhattan co-working space Galvanize. Galvanize is one of the best known locations in NYC for blockchain programming and provides offices for companies in its NYC location such as IBM, PwC and more. In addition to the free coffee, snacks and other amenities each seat also comes with access to Galvanize’s mentorship program, where members can connect with industry experts on a variety of topics in 1 on 1 meetings each week.
– Team events
– Access to the most popular classes in NYC on blockchain technology today, with over 250 graduates last year alone. Increase your foundational understanding of this transformative technology and develop your portfolio for your future. Non-developer, developer along with industry specific workshops, CLE accredited courses and events with industry leading speakers are all available to you for FREE and FOREVER. That’s a lifetime of continuing education on the house as thanks.
– Rapidly growing education technology company with upside potential. Based on your performance a chance to continue to be paid to work with us after the summer.
You’ll also learn a lot about blockchain of course and be interacting with some of the most well known companies in the space today including our partners MetaMask, Uport and OpenBazzar to name a few.
This isn’t going to be an internship where you sit around all day and mainly take care of mundane tasks. We are going to put you to work, asking you to regularly be the lead on projects and take on tasks that may feel daunting and more than you can handle. We expect our people to strive always to improve and challenge themselves, if you’re up for the challenge let us know.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $15.00 /hour