What is ConsenSys?
ConsenSys is a venture production studio focused on building and scaling tools and software products powered by Ethereum. Our mission is to use these solutions to power the emerging economic, social, and political operating systems of the planet.
Our teams are busy at work building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, security and infrastructure, and more. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us.
What is leep.it?
leep.it ( http://leep.it ) is the translation engine of value. An open-source protocol to create a global network of customized liquidity, so that any party can exchange any asset for another seamlessly, securely, and inexpensively. Our open source protocol facilitates the true peer to peer discovery, matching and execution of asset exchange by introducing a matching and order book client-side engine in place of a central order book. This combines liquidity across multiple networks, opens opportunities for users to exchange directly, gets rid of the need for exchanges as we know them and lets user interact with the world in whichever form of value they prefer.
Description of the Role
This role does not come neatly packaged or defined. You should expect it to change during your time at leep.it, to evolve as our organization evolves. This means that you will have an opportunity to have a part in creating an exciting role with plenty of growth potential over time.
You will be instrumental to designing and executing leep.it’s revenue and business model via its applications. You will work closely with our developers to design and develop decentralized applications tailored to specific users, geographies, and use cases. You will represent leep.it globally – at meetups, conferences and all situations – to drive adoption of our technology and community growth.
If you are ready to take the “leep” in joining a fast growing company with a purpose, we encourage you to apply today.
Who are we looking for?
- You are excited about driving financial inclusion and empowering the 2 billion unbanked people to “leep” legacy institutions and participate in the future economy
- You want to be part of an early stage start up and are comfortable stepping out traditional role boundaries
- You have experience working in distributed/remote teams, and are self-directed
- You are an advocate for excellence and willingness to effect change to improve product quality for the end user
- You are detail-oriented, self-directed, proactive, and hold yourself and others accountable for meeting deadlines
- You possess strong communications and facilitation skills
- You are intellectually curious, accountable, dynamic, and persuasive. You must be able to pick up things quickly, identify patterns, synthesize insights, and take things from start to finish.
- You are an analytical and creative thinker
- Minimum of 3+ years of relevant product management experience with increasing responsibility. Ability to work with developers and UX/UI designers alike to develop holistic products
- Deep experience working in an agile/scrum development team; a strong understanding of software development processes & procedures
- Deep experience leveraging strong qualitative and quantitative analysis to develop business & revenue models for software companies (E.g., SaaS, freemium, etc.)
- Experience in financial technology, preferably in front office banking products such as exchanges, order books, trading, etc.
- Ability to gather key information from client interviews, understand complicated problems and translate into functional and technical requirements
- Entrepreneurial by nature with a strong bias towards action. Proven ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills. Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and people to drive tasks to completion
- Experience growing product adoption and defining product differentiation in the market place
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement
- Technical understanding of infrastructure components, their dependencies, and interactions between servers, virtual systems, networks, databases, web applications, etc. – you are comfortable discussing web and peer to peer technologies (e.g. blockchains, IPFS), and have a deep appreciation for decentralization
Bonus points if you have:
- An active interest in Blockchain and peer to peer distributed technologies
- Experience building end user products open source technologies