Summer Internship as Business Development Manager at Blockchain Indemnity Co. (“BICO”)
Opportunity in Insurtech
The multi-trillion dollar insurance industry is unable to understand the need for insurance for blockchain businesses. Emerging cyber risks and cryptocurrencies transcend boarders – Since big insurers limit their thinking to geographic regions & rigid business units, they can’t bundle claims beyond their desk and lack adaptability to offer fairly priced solutions to small & medium sized businesses. Insurance is a promise that a business can recoup its losses from an adverse event. Failing to provide adequate protection, introduces avoidable risk to blockchain pioneers. We want to cover innovators with tailored solutions that let them focus on what truly counts – their business.
Funded earlier this year, BICO is managed by two Columbia Business School graduates.
We at BICO market commercial insurance to SME business with focus on the blockchain industry. Initially funded through friends & family, we are currently raising seed funding.
- Pricing of policies
- Identification & quantification of risk scenarios
- Market research about industry trends & competitor analysis
- Provide data for client support and marketing efforts
- Enhance the firm’s quantitative efforts regarding data analysis, risk analysis and reporting
Put your skills to work and get first hands experience at an uprising start up.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree, ideally from a top tier school
- (Professional) experience as developer
- Team player with exceptional people skills that contribute to the ability to work well with others toward common goals
- Must be well organized, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and able to prioritize effectively
- Hands-on mentality
- Interest in blockchain, ICOs & cryptocurrencies a plus
- Experience with working with APIs & Web Scraping
Location: New York / Home office
Proposed start date: Mid May/June
Duration: 3 months, potentially can be expanded to school-year internship in the fall.
To be considered, please send your CV and work samples, if available, to Felix.
Job Type: Internship
Job Type: Internship