- This is an opening for a LAN/WAN Support Specialist to support a Department of State (DoS) Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) program.
- This program provides transparent, interconnected systems and security supporting the DoS in successfully carrying out its U.S. foreign policy mission.
- IRM provides enterprise architecture design, engineering, operations and maintenance support services for desktops, servers, networks, firewalls, and enterprise applications across the Department.
- Program is named “Vanguard” and is an IT consolidation consisting of the Department’s servers, mainframes, network devices, network perimeter, anti-virus engineering, public key infrastructure (PKI)/biometrics/encryption, monitoring tools, telephony, mobile computing platform, virtual environment, and enclave design/security engineering.
- This is a mid-level position within the Vanguard 2.2.1 Program’s Service Management Office (SMO), acting as an LAN/WAN Support Specialist.
- This position is for shift work on the LAN/WAN Operations team supporting the Domestic Technical Services (DTS) branch of DoS. The 2nd shift (Swing Shift) hours are from 3:00 pm to 11:30 pm, rotating days. Typically work one weekend out of every 3 weeks.
- The position directly supports DoS on-site to monitor the LAN/WAN network and assist in troubleshooting and resolution.
Description of Duties:
- Provides technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations.
- Implements and maintains network systems.
- Monitors network infrastructures and performs troubleshooting as issues arise.
- Monitors and responds to complex technical control facility hardware and software problems.
- Escalates issues as required to Tier III staff, and monitors issues through the trouble life cycle.
- Assists with updating standard operating procedures, network topology documentation, and other documentation.
- Documents activities in Remedy helpdesk and incident management system, as part of day-to-day operations and to support SLAs, reporting metrics, and key performance indicators.
- Performs IOS and software upgrades on network infrastructures.
- Ensures mid-shift SLAs are met and identifies trouble areas that could negatively impact the ability to maintain SLAs.
– Performs rack- mounting and de-installing communications equipment and associated cabling.
- Associates degree and 8+ years of experience; OR, High
school equivalent and 12+ years of experience with voice, data and LAN/WAN communications systems.
- Active Top Secret clearance is required.
– Operator/maintenance training or experience on various crypto equipment such as KG-84 series, KG- 75, KG-175D, and TACLANE.
- Experience in the tech control environment.
- Basic electronics or computer repair skills.
- Technical writing skills.
- Ability to handle moderately complex assignments with little supervision and to determine methods to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Defense Red Switch Network (DRSN) experience.
- Experience with Remedy ticketing system.
- Technical training in computer science or related field.
- CCNA certification.
- Network+ or comparable certification.
- Experience repairing and terminating fiber optic cables.
- AutoCAD or Visio experience.
- Radio/satellite background.
- ITIL ® Foundation certification.
- Familiarity with DoS environment (data and voice networks, IT security systems, policies and procedures), Foreign Affairs Handbooks (FAHs), Foreign Affairs Manuals (FAMs) preferred. Clearance Requirement: TOP SECRET (Active) with the ability to obtain TS/SCI
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC¿s approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see ( My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Apr 2, 2018, 6:06:50 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time