ConsenSys is a venture production studio and the leading technology firm in blockchain globally. We deliver products, solutions and platforms built using blockchain technology to transform how business is done in complex network of buyers, suppliers and consumers.
Our teams are busy at work building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, the music industry, security, and infrastructure, and more. To accomplish this we’ve built out a flat organizational structure which we call the ConsenSys Mesh: a network of individuals & teams working autonomously and towards the same goal. Our mission is to use these decentralized solutions to fundamentally reshape the economic, social, and political operating systems of the planet. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us.
About Organizational Development & Global Operations at ConsenSys: Creating a self-organizing company with a fluid hierarchy
Consensys is developing itself as a self organizing system. ConsenSys’ founder, Joe Lubin, believes that this is the only way ConsenSys can be nimble and innovative enough to stay in the lead of the blockchain field. Project DNA combines our Organizational Development & Global Operations Circles. Our goal is to facilitate the development of a self-organizing ecosystem that is agile, scalable, representative and transparent. We coordinate the creation of the mindsets, structures and skillsets needed for self-organization at the individual, team, and company-wide level.
About the role
The Lead of Learning & Development will be a leader and source of expertise in planning and building out our system-wide learning and development capacity. You will be instrumental in establishing and executing the overall vision, executing trainings at all levels, and institutionalizing our facilitation and coaching capability. You will be a critical driver to our ability to scale and move towards a decentralized operating system.
Because we are creating a self organizing system, this role requires facilitative leadership — the ability to develop common vision among teams. Even though the role needs is senior level experience, it also requires the ability to follow the leadership from other team members. That element of culture fit is an essential aspect of this role.
- Work with the Organizational Development circle to identify learning and development needs at the individual, team and system levels
- Define and articulate the vision across multiple stakeholder groups
- Lead the build-out of our internal training programs
- Develop and implement the training service process
- Coordinate training & development plans/activities with other circles across the org (People, Finance, Business Units, etc)
- Build these systems through self-organizing processes
- Build a diverse team to deliver, measure and sustain learning in the Mesh
- Bring on and manage external vendors as necessary
- Set up key metrics and feedback loops to be able to adapt the process as necessary
- Work with our content team to create artifacts and build a learning platform
- You have built effective training systems
- You have proven and validated a learning approach
- You have effectively organized teams around large, multi-part initiatives
- Proven experience building coalitions that have successfully reached their change goals
- User-centric approach
- Experience with working in Agile teams
- Experience working in self-organizing companies. This is not an absolute requirement, as these organizations are less common, however it is a strong preference. We also see other forms of work with parallel skills as relevant experience, for example working in coalitions or business partnerships without hierarchies, organizing across communities, and developing multicultural teams
- Can communicate with stakeholders across many different businesses and international teams
- Can build multicultural teams that are highly effective
- High level of international and/or cross-cultural competence
- Highly facilitative
- Creative and innovative problem-solver
- Able to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with teammates, community members, vendors, and partners
- Comfortable with ambiguity, yet driven to create order out of chaos
- Strategic thinking and business skills, with ability to understand key business drivers that contribute to operational and financial success.
- Demonstrated desire and drive to be a recognized thought leader within the larger Learning & Development community. An established network and positive brand are a plus.
- Comfortable with working in a remote-first environment
- Up to 30% travel
Experience with startups, or working at a non-traditional corporate organization or nonprofit is preferred. Knowledge about blockchain & Ethereum is not required, but candidates should be interested in the technologies poised to transform the way we live, and be open to learning deeply about blockchain topics.
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys
- The forefront of a revolution. At ConsenSys we fundamentally believe that a next generation of technologies presents the opportunity to create a more just and equitable society.
- A dynamic startup environment. ConsenSys is a thought leader in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the mindshare. This is both exciting and challenging, as we learn to scale our organization while adhering to the principles of decentralization.
- Continuous learning. You’ll be constantly exposed to new languages, frameworks and ideas from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
- Deep technical challenges. This entire ecosystem is about 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much work to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. ConsenSys is building the technology platforms that can get us to those next thresholds of scale.
Click here ( http://bit.ly/2J0PwfB ) for the latest updates from ConsenSys.