Austin – TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Internal strategy teams at Charles Schwab help set the direction for the company, business units, and product and service offerings. These teams are one of the main intake valves for top-tier talent at Schwab and provide members with an unparalleled opportunity to define and work on major strategic opportunities while gaining visibility among the firm’s senior leadership. The goals of the various strategy teams at Schwab are to:
- Deliver world-class strategy and innovation
- Conduct clear, consistent, fact-based analysis to inform key business decisions
- Drive the allocation of scarce resources to the highest-value issues across Schwab
What you’ll do:
The Managing Director is responsible for delivering thoughtful, insightful contributions to strategy for one of Schwab’s largest and most critical organizations, Schwab Technology Services, helping to define modernization and transformation initiatives will have significant impact on Schwab’s future.
The Managing Director works in a high performance team with several other Directors and Managers reporting to the group’s Vice President, but supporting the Technology Services SVPs and teams, CIO, CTO and their responsibilities to Schwab’s Executive Leadership, Board of Directors and Regulators.
Projects are broad in scope and require creativity, flexibility, analytical and structured thinking, and strong communication, teaming and leadership skills. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and able to independently drive strategic initiatives from ideation to execution through effective teaming and networking across the company. They will have broad perspective and ability to synthesize an array of inputs into a coherent picture of the future and a winning strategy. Interest in technology, innovation and financial services / FinTech is a big plus.
The Managing Director will have responsibility for strategic planning and strategy project work, including:
- Leading strategic project definition, idea generation, and insight development and planning and executing multiple projects concurrently
- Developing, improving, leading ongoing strategic planning processes
- Structuring analysis of technology, market and industry trends that will impact our business and in turn our technology organization
- Managing cross-functional working groups and facilitating meetings
- Developing and delivering presentations and other strategic communications
Representative project work includes enabling the digital client experience, application modernization, security as a feature, blockchain opportunities within operations, partner and vendor analysis and selection, data center strategy, driving efficiencies within technology, new product development, strategic planning, etc.
What you have:
- MBA and/or post-grad education required
- 8-10 years’ experience in consulting, investment banking, or internal strategy, including designing processes, framing problems, building models, making decks, facilitating meetings, presenting to large and small audiences and selling your ideas
- Experience in technology and /or financial services strongly preferred, but not required
- Strategic thinking, executive presence, sound judgment, and ability to influence executives
- Sense of humor, team ethic, high standards and the drive to do whatever it takes
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about [email protected]
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab’s hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
Activation Date: Tuesday, July 24, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, September 1, 2018