Tradewind has built a technology platform for digitizing the trading, settlement, and ownership of precious metals. The Tradewind solution combines world-class exchange technology with Vaultchain™, Tradewind’s blockchain technology tailored for precious metals. Tradewind was formed in 2016 and is managed by a team of professionals with extensive experience in electronic trading, market structure, gold investment management, market operations, cryptography and blockchain technology.
Tradewind’s investors include industry leaders in precious metals and exchange technology, including: IEX Group, the next-generation stock exchange; Sprott Inc., a global precious metals asset manager; and, Goldcorp Inc., one of the world’s largest gold producers.
Your primary responsibility will be around our AWS infrastructure. You will help manage and operate our production environment on AWS to ensure high availability and reliability, plan and implement improvements to our AWS infrastructure & processes, and work closely with the engineering team to leverage AWS services that complement our technology stack. A key portion of your job will be infrastructure as code model – both on AWS and dedicated hardware in our data center. You will help implement, secure and operate a hybrid cloud across AWS, our offices and data centers. You will be our technical SME for AWS and cloud services, and support client efforts to integrate to our platform.
You have strong demonstrable AWS and automation credentials. You have at least a few years experience in an Operational role – either DevOps, SRE or traditional network/server management. You have worked on 24×7 Production systems and have fought your share of fires. You have solid hands-on experience with Networking and Linux. You are able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle time demands without compromising quality, and understand that a job is not done until it’s tested, documented and highly automated
- AWS Certification
- 4 years hands on experience implementing AWS cloud infrastructures using AWS CLI and Automation.
- Experienced on AWS & Cloud security, vulnerability assessments.
- 3 years hands on and extensive automation using at least one configuration management system – Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Strong foundational knowledge of Linux and System Administration including OS, configuration, troubleshooting and management.
- Extensive experience with Linux/Unix systems and the best practices for applications deployment
- Solid understanding of, and hands-on experience configuring Networks & Switches, VPN, Direct Connect, Routing, Firewall.
- Good understanding of networking concepts and Internet protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, TLS, etc.), web standards & security.
- Ability to provide cross training to colleagues, particularly on AWS best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent technology discipline and/ or equivalent related experience
- Previously implemented soup-to-nuts CI/CD – from code commit through deployment.
- Prior experience deploying and tuning web infrastructure – Nginx, Tomcat, etc.
- Can write code – ideally, 2 or more languages
- Previously implemented application monitoring and alerting for production systems.
- Have set up best practices around operational processes, deployment check lists, and developed plans for mitigation.
- Experience with database technologies including MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, and distributed storage systems in a HA setup.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Job Type: Full-time
- AWS Infrastructure: 4 years
- Linux: 3 years
- Ansible/Chef/Puppet: 3 years
- Network Administration: 2 years
- New York, NY
Required work authorization:
- United States