The modern world runs on the Internet, and the Internet cannot exist without its underlying infrastructure. Meraki makes setting up, managing, and maintaining that infrastructure easier than it has ever been before. Meraki enables connectivity everywhere from neighborhood cafes to renowned universities to global hospitality groups operating thousands of sites.
As a Platform Software Engineer at Meraki, you will focus on injecting Meraki Magic into every device we make. You will work with our internal hardware team, as well as vendors and manufacturers emphasizing long-term sustainability. You will be the first to touch new hardware and will be a critical part of enabling us to build and sell innovative hardware solutions. From Dashboard, our customers can control their entire Meraki stack: access points, switches, firewalls, client devices, cameras, and more. You will work across the stack with other developers, UX designers, hardware engineering, and product management to build and improve the our products. Meraki engineers put the customer experience first, own projects from beginning to end, and are empowered to make impactful decisions.
Meraki believes that the quality of our product is dependent on the quality of our engineers. We place a high value on nurturing the growth and development of everyone on our team. We foster an open and supportive workplace where everybody is given the opportunity to succeed.
Example projects of a Platform Software Engineer:
- Assist in bringing up new platforms including kernel and bootloader development
- Collaborate with our Hardware Engineers and our manufacturing partners on the design of new Meraki products
- Maintain the Linux kernel used across products
- Develop new features like secure boot and safe remote upgrades
- Contribute to Click, a software defined routing framework
You are an outstanding applicant if:
- You have a technical degree or equivalent experience with a strong foundation in the fundamentals of computer science
- You are proficient with C/C++ programming languages and demonstrate working knowledge with pointers, memory allocation, and bit shifting
- You have past project or internship experience working with embedded firmware development, Linux kernel, and/or bootloaders (U-Boot, etc.)
- You are interested in the cross between software and hardware and have experience with hardware based performance optimization (crypto accel, multicore, DPDK, etc.)
- You would flourish within a small engineering team and are excited to tackle open-ended problems
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.