New Alchemy is an advisory and investment group specializing in tokenization and blockchain technology. One of only a handful of companies able to offer a full spectrum of guidance from tactical technical execution to high-level theoretical modeling in this blue ocean field, New Alchemy provides technology, token game theory, security audits, and token launch marketing, strategy, and facilitation to the most innovative companies and projects worldwide.
If all this means nothing to you, don’t worry. It doesn’t have to… yet. Our team is highly motivated, flexible, smart, and galvanized by the idea that we’re playing in a never-before-explored intersection of technology, finance, and economics. We’re disrupting the way the world works, and we’re stoked by that. We want new team members that feel the same way: people who are experts in becoming experts, early adopters, technophiles, kingdom-builders. In other words, we’re much more interested in whether you have the drive and the determination to develop world-class mastery in a groundbreaking field than whether you come preloaded with knowledge. Intrigued?
- Demonstrate expertise in data and analytics, collaboratively develop and own data and analytics platform strategy and roadmap, and shape how we use it to power company-wide products and business decisions.
- Work collaboratively with internal teams to gather data requests and translate them into concrete prioritized requirements. Ensure plans are aligned and integrated with overall business strategy, and partner with engineering teams on the execution.
- Gather, write, and prioritize functional specifications from data ingestion to data quality, analytics processing, BI (business intelligence), and data science use cases, and drive execution via an Agile development methodology.
- Facilitate decision making and tradeoff analysis throughout product development, from infrastructure to complexity cost between data science, engineering, and production.
- Measure and track effectiveness of product capabilities, and continuously improve users’ outcomes in speed, accuracy, and quality of insights. As the subject matter expert and product champion, work closely with partners to drive usage and awareness.
- Foster a culture of data driven decision making.
- 3+ years experience building, delivering, and supporting data tools, services, and products.
- Product Management experience, preferably in developing and delivering data and analytics products and dashboards.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, Computational Neuroscience, Economics) or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of design and operations of data pipelines and analytics systems. Strong analytics background, comfortable with data modeling, data infrastructure, statistical and machine learning.
- Strong experience with data analysis and analytics tools. Experience with SQL, Python, or R.
- Excellent written, oral communication, and presentation skills, with the ability to articulate both business/user value and complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Strong bias for action; ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
NICE TO HAVE
- Working knowledge of machine learning and data science concepts. Understands diverse data science use cases, can clearly explain concepts like precision and recall, feature selection, or ML algorithms to non-experts.
- Comfortable working with technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, RedShift, Cassandra, Kafka, Spark. Experience building and designing products that utilize both real time as well as batch data streams at scale.
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, Google Data Studio.
- Comfortable working with Unix and Linux.
- Active interest in Blockchain and/or Ethereum.