ConsenSys is a venture production studio and the leading technology firm in blockchain globally. We deliver products, solutions and platforms built using blockchain technology.
Our teams are busy at work building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, the music industry, security, and infrastructure, and more. To accomplish this we’ve built out a flat organizational structure which we call the ConsenSys Mesh: a network of individuals & teams working autonomously and towards the same goal. Our mission is to use these decentralized solutions to fundamentally reshape the economic, social, and political operating systems of the planet.
About Ujo at ConsenSys:
Ujo Music is a ConsenSys Spoke, with a vision for a music industry that allows creators to grow and thrive independently. It is a platform that uses the ethereum blockchain as the substrate for innovation by empowering artists, digitizing their music rights and metadata, sharing this information in an open environment, and thus enabling new applications, products, and services to license their catalogs and pay artists directly with minimal friction. We are aiming to enrich the lives of artists and fans through a shared love of music, and excitement for the potential of decentralized technology.
We introduced the music industry to smart contracts & blockchain technology and aim to continue bringing this technology to many artists: from more Grammy winners to more bedroom producers.
Within the Ujo Team:
- We value learning & personal growth.
- We value balance in life. We aim to work hard in improving the industry, but we can only do that if we also take care of ourselves: mentally & physically. Take off time when you need it.
- We strive to be accountable towards ourselves & our teammates: we go further when we go together.
- We value diversity in perspectives. Music reaches everyone & as a team we want to work with individuals from all walks of life.
- We value open, accessible, and constructive communication amongst everyone.
- We value the open source community & contributing towards a shared future.
What we’re looking for in the Product Manager role:
- Strong communication and documentation skills as well as proven ability to work within a team. We work better together when we strive to communicate as best we can.
- Define product features through a combination of working directly with existing users, speaking with target users, and performing broader market research.
- Have an active input to market use cases and the product roadmap for Creator’s Portal as part of the broader Ujo Platform product suit / roadmap
- Collaborate closely with UI/UX, Product Designers, Marketing and Software Development teams to compile and maintain product roadmap and associated timelines in line with our business roadmap
- Develop staffing and resource management plans for a diverse group of developers, many of whom work remotely
- Assess project progress, and provide status updates to leadership and the rest of the team.
- Evaluate project risk(s) and create mitigation plans
- Effectively communicate release schedule and changes to the team and any other impacted parties
- Design, implement, and maintain standard processes, communication protocols, and documentation templates
- Represent Ujo Music and ConsenSys globally – at meetings with members, and at conferences.
- Experience coaching, motivating, and giving feedback to a large team of developers
- Experienced executor of fast-paced Agile processes
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed and resilient are a requirement
- Led multi-functional teams in past roles
- Effective communicator through writing and visuals
- Technical background
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with constantly evolving, decentralized, diverse teams to get things done efficiently
- You’ll work from North America, South America, Africa, or Europe
We are working in a new, exciting frontier. If you don’t feel that you precisely match the responsibilities of the role outlined above, but still feel that you can contribute to building this future with us, don’t hesitate to apply regardless.
We’d love to talk.
Bonus points for:
- Excitement & passion for music, media, and art applications.
- Experience working within true agile environments.
- Experience building with an open-source community
- Experience in the music business
- Experience scaling a company and product
- Experience with platform or multi-sided marketplace business models
- Experience with digital identity
- Experience helping launch a new product category
- Interest in blockchain or Ethereum
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys:
The forefront of a revolution. At ConsenSys we fundamentally believe that a next generation of technologies presents the opportunity to create a more just and equitable society.
A dynamic startup environment. ConsenSys is a thought leader in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the mindshare. This is both exciting and challenging, as we learn to scale our organization while adhering to the principles of decentralization.
Continuous learning. You’ll be constantly exposed to new languages, frameworks and ideas from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
Deep technical challenges. This entire ecosystem is about 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much work to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. ConsenSys is building the technology platforms that can get us to those next thresholds of scale.