Ideal candidates for this position should have experience in two or more of the following:
- (Distributed) system security and cloud computing, with emphasis on fault-tolerance, secure computation, secure function evaluation, implementation aspects of the above, knowledge of the blockchain and crypto currency architectures and applications thereof.
- System Security, network security, embedded security, trusted computing, hardware security
- Applied cryptography, privacy enhancing technologies
- Security and machine learning, applications of data miniing to security, intrusion detection, anomaly detection,
network security, applications of data mining to constrained environments (e.g., automotive networks)
- Software security, static and dynamic program analysis, automated vulnerability detection and patching, reverse engineering of software binaries, hardening techniques to protect software against reverse engineering, formal modelling, etc.
The candidate should have expert knowledge (evidenced by significant contributions in the form of publications and/or patents or patent applications) in at least one of the listed areas and be familiar with at least one other area (should be able to understand and contribute in deep technical discussions in the area). The candidate will be expected to be an active contributor, should have good written and oral communication skills, cross-team collaboration skills, and should be open to acquiring and applying new skills.
- Ph.D. (awarded or close to completion) in computer science, electrical engineering or closely related field
- Strong interest and experience in building secure systems and having a real world impact.
- Fluent in a high-level programming language (e.g., C/C++, Java, python, etc.)
- Strong publication record or evidence of having created or contributed to innovative solutions (e.g., through patents
or patent applications).
- Excellent communication skills on both technical and non-technical issues
- Possible topic of Ph.D. in at least one (possibly two) of the previously described areas
- At least 3 years of (professional or academic) experience in one (preferably two) of the previously described areas
- Experience with high throughput/low latency real-time systems and/or cloud
- Experience in low level programming and/or embedded frameworks (e.g., assembly, HDL)
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce – EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics)Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)