At IBM Research, we invent things that matter to the world. Today, we are pioneering the most promising and disruptive technologies that will transform industries and society, including the future of AI, Blockchain and Quantum Computing. We are driven to discover. With more than 3,000 researchers in 12 labs located across six continents, IBM Research is one of the world’s largest and most influential corporate research labs.
Current focus areas include pioneering work in: cognitive computing and augmented intelligence; quantum computing; blockchain; data-centric systems; advanced analytics; security; radical cloud innovation; next-generation silicon (and beyond); and brain-inspired devices and infrastructure.
We have many internships available and are seeking highly motivated students with a background in computer science, artificial intelligence, applied mathematics or equivalent areas. Candidates currently enrolled in graduate programs are encouraged to apply. The ability to work independently with latest tools in these focus areas highly desired.
The work location will be one of the following:
Yorktown Heights, New York
San Jose, California
Albany, New York
The World is Our Laboratory: No matter where discovery takes place, IBM researchers push the boundaries of science, technology and business to make the world work better. IBM Research is a global community of forward-thinkers working towards a common goal: progress.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Advanced communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering practices including agile processes
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Advanced usage of machine learning environments (e.g., R, scikit-learn, Theano, Torch, etc.)
- Advanced experience in Data Mining/Automated Knowledge Acquisition, Representation & Reasoning
- Advanced experience in characterization and validation of cognitive systems via User studies.
- Basic knowledge of electromagnetic wave (EM) properties
- Basic knowledge of quantum theory
- One year engineering background
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.