Circle is a global internet finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people everywhere create and share value.
We’ve already made sending money around the world free and easy using blockchain technology with Circle Pay. With Circle Invest, we’re expanding our offerings with a cryptocurrency investment product, enabling anyone to buy and sell crypto assets. Through Circle Trade, we’re market makers for the top crypto coins and offer OTC trading services. In March 2018, Circle acquired Poloniex, one of the world’s leading token marketplaces.
As a Risk Analyst for Poloniex, you’ll join a world class operations team focused on helping Circle scale while providing the best possible customer experience. You’ll detect fraudulent behaviours, conduct investigations, and educate customers on how to maintain the security of their accounts and transactions. We’re looking for highly motivated individuals who seek a fun, collaborative, iterative, and fast-paced environment.
What you’ll work on
- Monitor and act upon fraud signals – you will be fighting crimes like identity theft and defending against account takeovers
- Work cross-functionally with customer experience and compliance to develop creative solutions to emergent problems
- Analyse large, variable sets of data
- Maintain a strong operational focus with the ability to manage time sensitive workflows across competing priorities
- Verify customer information and conduct due diligence reviews as part of Circle’s Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) programs
- Analyse trends, identify insights, and suggesting rules to detect and manage risk fraud, account takeovers, phishing, and malware
- Interact with customers to ensure full compliance with all applicable laws and policies
- Suggest improvements to our suite of internal support tools and processes
- Investigate rings of scammer accounts using stolen credentials
What you’ll bring to Circle
- B.A./B.S. degree; quantitative or technical degree a plus
- An innovative and creative mind looking to suggest new solutions to old problems
- 1+ years experience in investigations, data analysis, information security and/or computer science in the technology space; payments industry experience a plus
- Interest in the crypto asset space and the impact that it represents
- A basic understanding of traditional financial scams, security best practices, and/or fraud strategies
- Strong organisational, analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Entrepreneurial: you’ve owned projects from start to finish with minimal guidance
- Make quick decisions with large sums of money on the line without breaking a sweat
- Innate ability to spot strange patterns amidst noisy data
- Experience using SQL is a plus
- An investigative instinct and the ability to think like a hacker
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We’re backed by $140 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat) and Accel Partners, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.