Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
US Innovation – Digital Product Development (Consultant or Senior Consultant)
If you are fascinated about how digital technology is transforming business, plan your next career move with Deloitte’s US Innovation team.
Deloitte’s breadth, depth, and scale, combined with our relentless passion for innovation create powerful opportunities to help our clients and our own organization stay ahead of change, deliver impact that matters, and transform complexity and disruption into lasting value.
Our Innovation team is already leveraging Artificial Intelligence, analytics and leading edge automation capabilities to transform how we serve clients and operate our business. Moreover, the team is also actively exploring nascent applications such as IoT, Blockchain and AR/VR.
Work You’ll Do:
The Digital Product Development Consultant/Senior Consultant will be responsible for developing new digital products across Deloitte’s four businesses – Audit, Advisory, Consulting, Tax. The Consultant will execute day-to-day product development activities across design, development, deployment, stakeholder communication, technology vendor management and delivery.
- Execute new digital product development projects and programs with multiple stakeholders.
- Collaborate with product owners in the business and end users
- Develop functional architecture design and contribute to product vision
- Own the product development plan, ensure delivery to the plan and identify risks
- Contribute to user interface and user experience design in collaboration with professional experts
- Manage product development in collaboration with the solution architect and technology development team (internal or external vendor)
- Develop thinking on efficient product design, design trade-offs, and commercial feasibility
- Evaluate and advise on new technologies, vendors and product
- Develop high degree of trust with key internal client base
The US Innovation group supports Deloitte’s strategic innovation goals. The group focuses on sensing emerging trends; incubating breakthrough technologies and solutions; driving and orchestrating the firm’s digital transformation; and communicating to our people and the marketplace the vision and impact of the firm’s innovation and digital transformation efforts. The group also works with firm leaders to help set, shape, achieve – and then refresh – innovation goals.
The US Innovation group is unique in Deloitte. Its focus is to rapidly identify, shape, experiment and incubate new business opportunities that leverage leading edge technologies. We operate as a cross-between an applied R&D (emphasis on Development), venture capital investor and a start-up. All team members are respected and called upon for their creativity, insights and ability to make an impact, regardless of title or tenure. And most are challenged to work on multiple projects at one time. The work is intense, fast-moving and highly impactful; but most importantly fun and rewarding for those with passion for innovation.
- Professional with minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- BA or BS from a top tier program/university in Computer Science, Applied Statistics, Engineering, Science Business or other quantitative discipline
Senior Consultant Level:
- Professional with minimum 4 years of relevant experience
- MS from a top tier program/university Computer Science, Applied Statistics, Engineering, Science, Business or other quantitative discipline
- Prior experience with top digital product development companies in digital enterprise product design, development and deployment
- Prior experience with top strategy or IT consulting firm. Ability to manage clients, complex projects, drive business requirement gathering, manage scope and client expectations.
- A critical and creative thinker but also able to execute on the details
- Good communications and interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of software development lifecycle
- Superior project management and time management skills. Able to manage autonomously, as well as prioritize as necessary
- Highly proficient with PowerPoint, Excel, and collaboration tools
- Knowledge of artificial intelligence, automation, semantic analytics, visualization technologies is a plus
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Inclusion is a major part of how we lead. It invites authenticity, leverages our diversity, and fosters well-being. We seek out and involve individuals with diverse experiences and backgrounds because we know how critical this can be in making an impact that matters to our clients and our people. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We drive impact through our signature national programs: education and veterans, and through pro bono and other key programs such as board service opportunities and Impact Day. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals to help you prepare.