We live in a tech-enabled world. Every sector, industry, public entity, and private institution is powered by technology and being transformed by technologists.
Edelman’s Tech practice works at the center of this world. We help brands that are fundamentally changing how we live our lives. From crypto to cognitive systems, autonomous vehicles to neo-banking, we’re advising leaders on how to communicate what’s coming next, and how to build brands with purpose. And we’ve done it before. We’re the team that turned Xbox into a pop culture icon, won multiple awards (including a Cannes Golden Lion) for our work with Adobe, and helped Samsung build a global reputation with staying power.
If you’re passionate about technology’s impact on the world, or you have your own theories of what’s coming next, we’d love to talk to you. We’re looking for an enthusiastic, tech-savvy, commercially-minded vice president to join our dynamic team. This is an opportunity for a driven, professional leader to work with some of the world’s largest and well-known technology brands, from the world’s top PC maker, to innovative start-ups and tech-enabld organizations. This role is well suited to those with strong leadership and management skills, who are excited to lead key accounts and counsel communications and marketing leaders on global strategy. The role includes driving new business efforts and the execution of true integrated programming; it will allow for growth as well as direct contact with clients, partners, and other practice groups across the country and globally.
- Lead operational and financial performance of account teams, ensuring quality work, effective processes and that client requests are handled in timely and strategic fashion.
- Thoughtfully counsel clients based on broad communications landscape and business goals; take immediate action on client feedback.
- Demonstrate advanced writing skills and supervise writing of others .
- Set and lead both traditional and social strategic media relations course.
- Capitalize on, and contribute to, the Edelman global network to serve and grow business.
- Supervise staff by mentoring, motivating, coaching, consistently providing feedback, holding them accountable and conducting their reviews and overseeing their professional development.
- Manage billing and RFP response.
- Commit to continuous learning and improvement of leadership skills; set and pursue stretch goals.
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Edelman’s values (Quality, Integrity, Respect, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Mutual Benefits) and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
The vice president must have at least eight years of relevant experience in public relations and/or related fields including research, advertising, management consulting, media and publishing.
The vice president should have a bachelor’s degree in a related field and strong understanding of how to communicate with teams and work from both client and agency sides. S/he should have a track record of leading profitable programs that have advanced client business goals. S/he should be a superb people manager and have experience successfully managing resources and budgets as well as helping win new business. S/he will be entrepreneurial and professional and have the confidence necessary to manage a team.
Edelman is a leading global communications marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014; six Cannes Lions in 2015; and the Grand Prix in the Titanium category in 2016. The firm was named “2016 Global Agency of the Year” by the Holmes Report, and one of Advertising Age’s “Agencies to Watch” in 2014. In 2015, Edelman was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the fifth time. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency. Visit http://www.edelman.com for more information.
Take a peek behind the scenes of our US operation at https://edelman.us.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.